- We've designed our site to meet our organization's
needs (more sales/contributions) rather
than meeting the needs of our visitors.
- We tell you how wonderful
we are as a company, but not how we're
going to solve your problems.
- It takes longer than four seconds for
anyone to understand what our
site is about.
- Our visitor cannot quickly find
the focal point of the home or current
- Our site doesn't make us look credible
or that visitor can trust
- Our home page or any page, takes more
than 5 seconds to load on DSL.
- Quickly scanning the page doesn't tell
our visitors much about its purpose.
- We don't put design elements where our
visitors expect them.
- We have not eliminated unnecessary design
items & we don't know which items are unnecessary.
- Our site breaks when visited with the
- Our site breaks because of back-end coding
- We say "Welcome to..." on
our home page.
- Our site is Flash-based. (No viewing on an iPhone or iPad)
- Our site uses a splash page (unless it's
a a multi-lingual / multinational site).
- Our site makes visitors register
before they can enter.
- Our site's TITLE tag is something like "New
Document", "Index" and not
the name of your company or descriptive of that page for visitors and search engines.
- A sound file automatically
plays when a page
loads, but we're not a record label or
- I don't know if our site looks the same
in the major browsers; our site doesn't
look the same.
- I don't know if our site looks the same on a PC, Apple Mac or Linux; our site doesn't
look the same.
- The important content does not fit in
the first screen.
- We have too much/too little white
- We forces visitors to install weird
plug-ins. (This is also a security issue.)
- We have "Download latest
browser" text or buttons and/or prominently
display what hardware and software used
to create the site.
- We don't provide clear instructions
on how to order,
fill out forms, etc.
- Our site is based on a template that's
bloated with ugly code or exported from Word, and is difficult